Wednesday, February 9, 2011

'Delhi 6' to re-release with alternate end

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra has announced that he is re-releasingDelhi 6.


The filmmaker told The Times of India about his intention to re-release his project on religious and political intolerance.

The director told the newspaper that his plan for the climax scene saw Abhishek Bachchan's character die at the end.

"I think I drifted away from my vision of killing my protagonist and that did not really work. I now want to re-release the film so that people can see what the original idea behind the movie was," said Mehra.

Sonam Kapoor, who appeared opposite Bachchan in the production, expressed her approval at Mehra's plans, saying: "I'm aware of this version of the movie and, of course, it will be great if the film is re-released with the changes to see how the audiences react to it."

Despite critical acclaim at a number of international film festivals, the movie underperformed in the box office when it released in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme